Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I never really thought I would create a blog untill hubby set up a family one. I started posting to it and was told off for "hijacking" it with my "craft rubbish!" And so the Nerdbird Blog was born! Not sure how much I'll post but I understand that this blogging lark can be addictive!

Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Art Journaling and a LO!

So don't fall over but I actually did a LO!! was looking around for so inspiration and loved the colours at the colour room so here is my LO. I love this photo from last year, probably one of my favourites
I saw a challenge last year, was called "dress up" and it was to make dress for each month of the year. I really enjoyed Tim Holtz 12 Tags of christmas and it reminded me of this challenge, sort of 12 tags in a year! I had even brought a maya road chipboard dress form album to use as the base! The challenge is happening again this year here but with an artist style each month, however I have already made my dress! I will mix and match I think, So here is January's Dress!
Finally my journal for the last couple of days. I want to try and journal everyday, even if it is just a 3 word summary for everyday.

12 comments:

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Steph,
Thanks so much for stopping and your sweet comments! You are totally welcome to join in on Dress Up 2011! It's okay about missing January's theme; I went ahead and linked your dress to the Linky on my blog...see http://sewloquacious.blogspot.com/2011/01/dress-up-2011january.html
Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Angela

voodoo vixen said...

Love your dress! I am also using the Maya Road dress forms - it makes it so much easier to keep them similar in size! ;)

lisa said...

Hey Steph!
Good to see you here again and even better to see you creating.
Cute LO : )
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.
Happy New Year x

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Olá Steph, lindo vestido!
já estou na expecativa do proximo mês!
Feliz Ano Novo!
Ana

Didi said...

I totally see why that is a favorite photo...look at them so close and so happy with each others company! Love your journal pages...how did you make your houses, are they a stamp?

Jaluza Scrap said...

Oi querida.
Teu vestido é lindo.
Parabéns!!

Sarah said...

Steph - so good to see you creating again - and I love the LO of the boys - such a fab photo!! Loving the dress and journal too!!

Sarah x x x x

Asas à imaginação said...

Hi,Steph!
I loved your dress!So pretty!
Hugs
Marlei

Lisa Balazs (Seshat Moon Willow) said...

I just adore your dress. It is so feminine. I love the dress form, I'm wondering where you got it from?

Holly said...

I really like your January dress and the interest/texture the tulle adds

Rosemary said...

This is lovely, it is so ethereal! I think this is going to be a fun challenge each month, I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

Jennie said...

Your dress is lovely!

Best wishes,
Jennie